Craig Charles in trouble again...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Craig Charles in trouble again... Reply with quote

Craig Charles arrested

Comic faces drug probe

Craig Charles has been arrested on suspicion of possession of a class A drug. The Red Dwarf star, who now appears in Coronation Street, was arrested in London last night. He was questioned by police and then released on bail until September while more inquiries are carried out.

-----------

The stupid bastard... he's no Pete Doherty!

Seriously though, I really hope he gets this all sorted whatever it is...
Twirley

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's such a shame. I really like him in everything he does. He's just spoiling it for himself. Silly sod! Mad
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it all gets sorted too. I think he's a brilliant actor and comedian. It's a shame if he's screwing up his life.
tasst

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I agree with the earlier post. Another waste of a great talent. agree
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw him do standup comedy about 3 years ago and he was on top form. I think the constant working and being in the real spotlight (Red Dwarf and Robot Wars aren't exactly a-list!) has probably got to him.

He probably needs to be locked in a fairly gentle sitcom for a few years...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he should count his blessings that his character's not a baddie in the show! I bet 'Tricky Dicky' got some amount of stick!
nekokate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think anyone who watches Coronation Street is a fucking retard! Have that, Couch!!! Hahahah!

And Craig Charles is painfully un-funny.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only hate it because it reminds you so much of your own life - nyer!

As I said earlier, I saw him do standup once and he was quite funny, though pretty crude too. I think they edited out a lot of what he said when they broadcast the show (Live Floor Show).
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coronation Street star Craig Charles "ejected" from South Lakes pub
18 February 2009
nwemail.co.uk

CORONATION Street star Craig Charles was "ejected" from a South Lakes pub during Valentine’s weekend. An article in a national newspaper says the 44-year-old actor and Corrie co-star Simon Gregson had a heavy night on the tiles in Bowness on Friday.

It says they drunk in at least three pubs including the Hole in the Wall, The Albert and finally the Old John Peel Inn, where Mr Charles was allegedly asked to leave. The landlord at the Old John Peel Inn refused to comment. But Pam Ridings, manager at the Hole in the Wall pub, told the Evening Mail that Mr Charles and Mr Gregson are both regulars and insisted they are always friendly and well-behaved.
Ms Ridings said: “They only had one in here and they weren’t any trouble at all. They come in quite a bit and they are never any trouble. They came at 7.30pm and were chatting to tourists downstairs. The guy who plays Steve McDonald has been coming here for years and he has never been any trouble."

------------------
TheCaptain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, he seems to be getting "in character" for the new Red Dwarf series.

I mean, all of these escapades are all fairly typical for Lister.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Craig Charles almost shot by arsehole cops Reply with quote

Craig Charles was almost shot dead by a police sniper as he filmed a gangster movie

12th December 2009
By Stian Alexander

CORONATION Street star Craig Charles was almost shot dead by a police sniper as he filmed a gangster movie. The 45-year-old actor nearly died as armed officers trained their guns on him after he committed a “murder”.

Film bosses had forgotten to tell local police officers they were shooting the movie and when Craig acted out slitting his victim’s throat and dumping him in the river, horrified onlookers called police. But he only realised that he was in danger when he noticed an infrared laser dot on his chest, meaning a police marksman was aiming straight at him.

Craig, who plays cabbie Lloyd Mullaney in the ITV1 soap, was only saved from certain death when the marksman recognised him and other officers noticed his co-star, Cold Feet actor John Thomson, 40, rehearsing lines in a nearby boatyard.

Movie director Tony Royden revealed how his leading man was nearly bumped off himself while filming The Dealer on the River Medway in Kent. “We had been trying to conceal the filming from the public,” he said. "But apparently the police received five different phone calls telling them someone was being murdered.” Tony, whose movie is based on his novel The Dealer, also revealed the Red Dwarf star had amazingly managed to stay calm after his horrifying brush with death.

He told fans this week at a book-signing in London that moments after the near tragedy Craig insisted on continuing to film the scene. Former BBC music producer Tony, who also wrote the book the film was based on, added: “Luckily, Craig Charles was such a professional that the whole situation was defused extremely quickly. If it hadn’t been, we could have seen a tragic death.”

----------------------

It's just as well he wasn't running or they'd have had reason to kill him as a terrorist!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So bystanders and cops didn't notice the camera's and crew around? I can understand them saying they were trying to conceal it, but that's not easy to conceal. Something sounds off with this story. Sounds like a publicity stunt.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it does say that they were trying to hide the cameras from the public. What got me was the idea that there was a gun's red dot on anyone. I wonder if that was by a pissed-off cop who realised what was going on and did it as a wind-up? Still an arsehole though!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with trying to hide the camera's it's still so tough to do. Just something fishy to me about the whole story.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I smell bullshit. lol!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: