Strictly Come and Complain About Dancing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Strictly Come and Complain About Dancing Reply with quote

The general public just get more and more ridiculous every week. 170000 complaints? What the blithering fuck?!

crazed
Mandozilla

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The number of complains is wild. But if they ask the public to vote they should understand what that means. If the voters cared who the best dancer was we would see that in the votes. The fact is it is entertainment and if they want a true dance competition then they should try to find a more interested country... but they would'nt find one. He is what the people want and he is what they people should have.
It is sad the things people get upset about when things that actually matter go unseen!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's his choice to leave though - the public have nothing to do with that.
Mandozilla

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose i did not see him declare he is leaving so i am not to know whos choice it was for him to leave. Sounds like the public have decided that he was forced to... I do agree tho but I am not surprised.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He said yesterday that he'd woken up at 3am with this thought in his mind and decided at that moment that it was time to quit. For the public to think he couldn't handle the comments of a few dance critics when he's got 30 odd years of interviewing top level politicians behind him is a joke really.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, it's all part of the game. The only real people judging dance on this show are the professional judges. The public's vote is really just the popular vote about who they like and not necessarily who dances the best. You only have to look at the most recent season of Dancing With the Stars in the US to see what happened with Chloris Leachman --- goodness knows she didn't stay that long because of her dancing skills! Same thing happened a couple of years ago, where there was one excellent dancer, but she didn't have enough of the popular vote and got the boot --- a lot of people were mad but what can you do? Don't let the public vote if you don't want to hear what they have to say.

As for 170 000 complaints ----- it amazes me that that many people would make an issue over this but won't be bothered about world peace or hunger, etc. If the guy wanted to quit, let that be the end of it. It was his free choice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: