Jade Goody dies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Jade Goody dies Reply with quote

What a bummer. RIP Jade. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a shame for sure - I never liked her much, but she was genuine.
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Jade Goody Dies....... Reply with quote

I can't say I liked the Girl .....But very sad to die so young .....and I feel for her Kids .....

R I P ......
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never really cared for her either, but to die so young is horrible... glad to see she made up with Shilpa Shetty before her death.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do they need a movie? We (in the UK at least) have seen every detail of her existence over and over...
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you 100% face ----- I've been following he story in the Mail Online and I think just about every angle has been covered. And now there's her diary to be published.... do we really need a movie to rehash everything?

On a side note, I'm guessing Michelle Ryan's career isn't going too well if she's reduced to doing some quickie made-for-tv movie like this.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping this was done by someone to show how daft the nonsense has been about Jade.
luke

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jade Goody 'represented wretched Britain', says Sir Michael Parkinson
Jade Goody represented "all that is wretched about Britain today", Sir Michael Parkinson has said days after the reality television star's funeral.

Goody, who died of cervical cancer at the age of 27, was regarded by many as a national treasure who overcame the disadvantages of her birth to achieve fame and fortune.

Her supporters included the presenter Stephen Fry, who hailed her as "a kind of Princess Di from the wrong side of the tracks". However, Sir Michael was damning in his judgment of Goody and the media circus which surrounded her in life and in death.

"Jade Goody has her own place in the history of television and, while it's significant, it's nothing to be proud of. Her death is as sad as the death of any young person, but it's not the passing of a martyr or a saint or, God help us, Princess Di," he said.

"When we clear the media smoke screen from around her death what we're left with is a woman who came to represent all that's paltry and wretched about Britain today. She was brought up on a sink estate, as a child came to know both drugs and crime, was barely educated, ignorant and puerile. Then she was projected to celebrity by Big Brother and from that point on became a media chattel to be manipulated and exploited till the day she died."

Writing in the Radio Times, Sir Michael named celebrities whom he deemed to be worthy role models. "Certain people gift you ambition. When I saw Tom Graveney I wanted to be a professional cricketer. When I first set eyes on Ingrid Bergman in Casablanca I wanted to marry her. And seeing Alan Whicker on television gave me the idea that a life in telly might be fun," he said, adding: "One out of three ain't bad."

Thousands lined the streets on Saturday to pay their respects to Goody as her funeral cortege made its way from her childhood home of Bermondsey, south London to the church in Buckhurst Hill, Essex. Giant screens relayed the service to the tearful crowd outside, and proceedings were broadcast live on television.

Her coffin was accompanied by floral wreaths which spelled out the 'Jade-isms' which made her famous. One said 'East Angula', a reference to Goody's belief that such a place existed and constituted a foreign country. She left school with no qualifications after a tough childhood on a council estate, with drug addicts for parents. The Channel Four show Big Brother transformed her life and made her a multi-millionaire.

John Finagin, Goody's former teacher, spoke at her funeral and denied that her lack of education equated with ignorance. "Never make the mistake of thinking that Jade was not intelligent. Anyone who can run a media career and a business has to be really, really, smart."
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an old cunt he is. I've never had much time for Jade, but to come out with this ream of shite is quite something.

I imagine he must think that everyone on an estate who has ever had anything to do with drugs is some kind of feral reprobate. If that's the case he must never have been out of his ivory tower in 40 years.
luke

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know how representative yahoo users are but ...

Yahoo! users back Parky over Jade comments

We've had an overwhelming response to our blog about Michael Parkinson's comments about the late Jade Goody.

Earlier we reported how the veteran broadcaster had said that Jade represented "all that is paltry and wretched about Britain" in his column in this week's Radio Times.

Parkinson stated that, while he felt Jade's death was as sad as that of any young person, he disagreed with the media's manipulation of her from hate figure to Princess Diana-style saint following her death.

He described her as "the perfect victim of our times" and said that she should now be allowed to "rest in peace."

We had more than 18,000 comments in the first five hours (more than we've ever had for a TV blog) and it appears that the majority of our users support Parky and his decision to speak out.

Almost 30,000 votes had been cast in our poll by 5pm, with an incredible 87% saying that they agreed with the chatshow host.

Mgnewson commented on our blog: "I agree totally with Sir Michael, at last someone has the guts to say it" while Victorcampbell said: "It's about time someone injected a little reality into this situation."

However, not everyone agreed and Kellyliveshere believed it was "a horrible and senseless thing to say" while Jessica.bungay feels that 'Parkinson has just helped himself to become one of the most disliked men in the UK."
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way I can see this is in terms of how much she affected my life. She entertained and annoyed me and I thought she was pretty genuine if rough round the edges.

Why anyone cares so much as to insult her after her death is beyond me. Parky's just pissed off that he had to kiss so much fucking arse over the last 40 years and also probably because he knows his funeral won't develop anything like as much interest. He's jealous of a 'puerile, ignorant' dead Essex girl in other words!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

touching...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: