EE: who won't be at the funeral...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carmelina

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: EE: who won't be at the funeral... Reply with quote

a few days ago I was wondering here if Vicky and Sharon will be at Paulines' funeral. well I guess the answer is here:

From Orange Media:

Family snubs Pauline?s funeral

We always thought blood was supposed to be thicker than water ? especially among the tight-knit folk of the East End. So imagined how shocked we were to discover that Pauline?s funeral will be snubbed by both her daughter and her granddaughter. Neither Michelle (played by Susan Tully) nor Vicki (Scarlett Johnson) will make the journey across the Atlantic to bid the Fowler matriarch a final farewell. ?No one from the show will be coming back,? a show spokesman confirmed. ?Their absence will be explained in the story.?

Sources claim that Susan, now a successful director, couldn?t be persuaded to make a brief return to Albert Square ? and BBC bosses decided not to invite Scarlett, who quit the show last year. A series insider said: ?Eyebrows will be raised at the absence of two of Pauline?s closest surviving relatives. Some people on the show feel it?s very unrealistic. If Sue and Scarlett couldn?t come back, maybe they should have hired other actresses. After all, the funeral will be the most tear-jerking event of the year.?

Meanwhile, we can reveal that doomed Pauline will survive a terrifying blaze at her house before she finally pops her clogs in a dramatic Christmas storyline. The grim granny accidentally starts the fire with a cigarette - and it?s left to Martin to rescue his mum after he hears her pet pooch Betty barking.

The cliffhanger, to be screened at the end of the month, comes after Pauline overhears her family discussing her behind her back. A soap insider told The Sun: ?Pauline is stunned that all her nearest and dearest are lying to her and bitching about her. She hears every word they say and when they leave she goes downstairs and lights a cigarette. She leaves it in the ashtray and goes upstairs - but it falls out. Pauline?s in a daze and can?t even bring herself to move. She sits on her bed awaiting her fate.? Now this, we can?t wait to see?

----------------------------------------------------

though Vicky and Michelle won't be returning, there is nothing about Sharon here. And I've heard rumours that there WILL be one to three old faces returning...
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without the original Michelle, I don't think it would work. Maybe they will have one of them be very ill?
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
Without the original Michelle, I don't think it would work. Maybe they will have one of them be very ill?

I can't see Sharon being there without Michelle and/or Vicki. I'm guessing that baby Dennis will be ill or unable to travel for some reason (hospitalized???) and that Michelle and Vicki will need to stay there to support her.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry ladies and gents. They really needed to get Michelle here this time. I don't care if it was played by Susan Tully or not. The fact that she missed Mark's Funeral, and now her mother's funeral is just not acceptable. EE is gonna lose it's street cred real good on this one.. no
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:
I'm sorry ladies and gents. They really needed to get Michelle here this time. I don't care if it was played by Susan Tully or not. The fact that she missed Mark's Funeral, and now her mother's funeral is just not acceptable. EE is gonna lose it's street cred real good on this one.. no

Oh, I agree for sure..... I was just trying to figure out what stupid excuse they're going to use! It seems highly unlikely that Michelle wouldn't return for her mother's funeral.... but then anything can happen in soap land.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: