using this site at work

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: using this site at work Reply with quote

Do you have any problems seeing this site at work? It's a fine balance between using tags that flag-up on filters and making things work for the members, so if you've any trouble getting on at work let us know. If you're not a member, send an email to faceless @ couchtripper.com with any error messages you get...

cheers
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't access the site at work as it's blocked... the reason they give is : Category: games........ our company blocks anything with games or mp3/streaming. I think we have national servers so if a lot of users were accessing streaming,etc. it would slow things down for everyone across Canada in our company.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know when I was at my old job in NM I had no problems getting to the couch.
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not suggesting we use valuable work resources and time doing something like trying to re-take the high score in Qnax, are you face?

Very Happy

I never did that, but when I did visit the forums, they seemed to work fine.
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No probs for me Face.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I've removed mention of games and streaming from anything visible that your work-filter might block eefan. Hopefully that will sort it. And yes Major - I am entirely suggesting that people at work use the company's resources to have fun here! Of course, all the time in the world isn't enough to beat my Qnax score... haha

While I'm here, if anyone wants to post a link to the site on other sites that would be appreciated.
Bob

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not had any issues getting the site at work, but we're voluntarily not supposed to do streaming or large downloads during work hours because the network grinds to a halt, in the process of upgrading the bandwidth apparently, but that's been taking ages.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
ok, I've removed mention of games and streaming from anything visible that your work-filter might block eefan. Hopefully that will sort it. And yes Major - I am entirely suggesting that people at work use the company's resources to have fun here! Of course, all the time in the world isn't enough to beat my Qnax score... haha

While I'm here, if anyone wants to post a link to the site on other sites that would be appreciated.

Thanks..... I didn't see this post until today so I will check tomorrow at work (I travelling for work today and won't be in the office). Hopefully it works!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Welcome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: