Corrie - Janice Battersby (Vicky Entwistle)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Corrie - Janice Battersby (Vicky Entwistle) Reply with quote

Janice Battersby becomes unlikely fitness guru
2nd January 2007

Coronation Street bigmouth Janice Battersby has become Britain's unlikeliest exercise guru after topping the fitness DVD charts. Actress Vicky Entwistle, who plays Janice in the ITV1 soap, is outselling nearest rival Jade Goody by three to one at Tesco. She made her Weight Off Workout DVD after shedding two-and-a-half stone on a diet and fitness programme - dropping from a size 16 to a tiny size six.

Tesco spokeswoman Gemma Kirkham said: "British dieters are going crazy for Vicky's fitness DVD, which is streets ahead of the rest of the pack. Vicky appeals to ordinary people because of her fantastic weight loss recently. And because of her down-to-earth role in Coronation Street she's far more believable than skinny model types who used to bring out fitness DVDs."

Entwistle, 38, was spurred on to lose weight after seeing an unflattering paparazzi photograph of herself on the beach in Barbados. She turned to Jordan's personal trainer Richard Callender for help. After embarking on an exercise regime and cutting out crisps, biscuits and take-aways, she lost two-and-a-half stone in just three months. "I'm absolutely gobsmacked how much I've lost," she said. "My whole outlook has changed. I feel so much healthier and it's great to be able to buy nice clothes. I feel like a different person. I was always the fat ugly one from Corrie - but not any more."

----------------

she is looking a lot better in that pic for sure...
tec
Bad Toad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to know about that. I noticed in yesterday's segment that she came walking down the street in those tight green pants that she looked great. Wondered what had happened to her.
paulwestside

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

she gets full marks for allowing them to put that picture of her in a bathing suit at size 16 on the cover

will she come back from France looking even more fabulous?
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed in an episode this week she got a plug in by saying how much better she looked since she lost weight.

The other thing was that I seem to remember a long time ago there was mention she wasn't really as big as she seemed and they had padded her out for the role.

That said, it's a pretty scary 'before' picture in that dvd cover.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky Entwistle bows out of Coronation Street after 13 years of playing Janice Battersby
4th August 2010

Actress Vicky Entwistle is leaving Coronation Street after 13 years of playing Janice Battersby. The 41-year-old said she was 'hankering' to do other drama roles after so long playing the Weatherfield battleaxe.

She said: 'Corrie means so much to me and I could easily have continued to play Janice for the rest of my acting career. But I've been thinking of leaving for some time, and couldn't deny those feelings. I've a hankering to do other drama projects and so if I don't make this move now I never will. The programme has given me my husband Andy, as we met and got together when he worked on the show, and I've had a fantastic time playing an extremely feisty character.'

Entwistle joined the cast of the ITV soap in January 1997 along with on-screen husband Les (Bruce Jones), daughter Toyah (Georgia Taylor) and stepdaughter Leanne (Jane Danson) and were billed as the 'family from hell'. It wasn't long before the Battersby started making enemies on the street - in particular the Websters. In 2001, her marriage to Les ends after Janice has an affair with Dennis Stringer - her friend Eileen Grimshaw's boyfriend. After Les finds out and attempts suicide, Dennis is killed in a car accident after racing him to the hospital. Two years ago, Janice was sentenced to community service after she stole the £25,000 lottery winning of her syndicate with her work colleagues at Underworld. Among Janice's various love interests since Dennis's death include police officer Mick Hopwood and plumber Roger Stiles.

Entwistle was briefly axed from the soap five years by outgoing producer Tony Wood, but was given a reprieve by new producer Steve Frost.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky Entwistle's husband guilty of assault
25th November 2010
lancashiretelegraph.co.uk

The husband of Ribble Valley actress Vicky Entwistle has been found guilty of assaulting a fan who asked to take a photo of his wife. Andrew Chapman, 48, married to the actress who played Janice Battersby in Coronation Street, ‘lost it’ and lashed out in temper, punching Michael McWhirter in the face. Mr McWhirter, 23, told Salford Magistrates’ Court he had simply borrowed his friend’s mobile phone to take a snap for his mum who ‘really likes your programme’.

Karate black belt Mr Chapman described the punch as a ‘jab’ but he knocked the victim unconscious, the court heard. The defendant, who was represented by celebrity lawyer Nick Freeman, had claimed Mr McWhirter was dressed like a ‘Goth’, looked ‘menacing’ and had lurched or lunged at Ms Entwistle while the couple travelled home on a train from Manchester in April. Mr Freeman had suggested the victim, left with a cut lip and chipped tooth, was verbally aggressive and ‘squared up’ to Chapman who reacted in self defence.

Ms Entwistle, 41, told the court she shunned the limelight and the journey was the first time she had used public transport for 13 years because of unwanted attention. She described her husband, who had always tried to shield her from unwanted interference, as a ‘hero’ for trying to ‘protect’ her. After the incident she decided to leave the show, she said, for ‘normality and privacy’ as the soap was now ‘such a huge machine’ she felt ‘swallowed’.

But District Judge Jonathan Finestein convicted Chapman of common assault, fining him £1,250 plus an equal amount of compensation, prosecution costs of £1,309 and a £15 victim surcharge.

------------------------

Her husband sounds like a dick and she's just a liar - a match made in hell!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: